Over 45 years of process planning and fixture design experience places Putnam Machine Products among the most capable of contract machine shops in the Midwest.
Manufacturing Process Design and Optimization
Though Putnam performs no product design, we can offer assistance with the following from production planning through the continuing cost reduction stages.
- Machining/Manufacturing Process Planning and Optimization Assistance.
- In-House Workholding and Assembly Fixture Design.
- Foundry Pattern, Stamping Die, and Mold Making Capabilities.
- Processing Container and Packaging Design.
- CNC Programming and CAM cutting tool path generation directly from customer part and assembly models.
Putnam has a Staff Mechanical Engineer and Process Engineers available for design collaboration. Putnam works closely with many fabricators, foundries, extruders, forging houses, heat treat facilities, and finishers to offer complete components and assemblies ready for Customer use.
Putnam manufacturing engineers and CNC programmers are versed in the use of CAD/CAM (computer-aided-design/computer-aided-manufacturing) software for process drawings, fixture design, and CNC program generation. Exchange of electronic design data ensures accurate estimating, fixturing, and machining of components and helps to reduce fixture, pattern, and machine programming time.
Multiple CAD File Import Capabilities
Utilizing SolidWorks® solid mechanical design software Putnam can accept, save,and convert design information in a number of formats including the following. Third party conversion is available for other formats.
- SolidWorks: *.prt, *.sldprt, *.drw, *.slddrw, *.asm, *.sldasm
- AutoCAD: *.dxf, *.dwg
- AutoCAD Inventor: *.ipt, *.iam
- Parasolid: *.x_t, *.x_b, *.xmt_txt, *.xmt_bin
- IGES: *.igs, *.iges
- STEP: *.stp, *.step
- ACIS: *.sat
- STL: *.stl
- Catia Graphics: *.cgr
- ProE: *.prt, *.xpr, *.asm, *.xas
- Unigraphics/NX: *.prt
- SolidEdge: *.par, *.psm, *.asm
- Cadkey: *.prt, *.ckd
- Rhino: *.3dm
SolidWorks® is used for the creation of fixtures, process drawings, and tooling models. DelCAM FeatureCAM® and MasterCAM® are used to create accurate and efficient CNC programs.