SAWING / AUXILIARY OPERATIONS
In addition to CNC turning and milling Putnam Machine Products offers most auxiliary machining operations including high-speed CNC cold-sawing, CNC band-sawing, grinding, broaching, tapping, gear hobbing, spline and thread rolling, vibratory finishing, die-stamping and marking, straightening, and assembly. In addition, Putnam offers heat treating, plating, anodizing, and finishing through a number of quality-certified vendors.
Putnam Machine Products is equipped with two CNC automatic feed bandsaws with capacities to Ø10″ diameter and 10″ x 10″ square. Sawing bar-blanks saves valuable CNC turning machine time and minimizes material waste. Putnam now offers extremely fast, high-precision blanking of ferrous and non-ferrous bars Ø4.25” with a magazine-feed carbide tooth cold saw. The saw is capable of maintaining cut tolerances of ±0.002” at a 6-sigma Cpk of 1.67 or better.
- CNC Automatic saws for part blanking.
- Special “roll-out” bar racks for quick, efficient bar-stock access.
- Flexible drilling, tapping, and burnishing.
- Thread, serration, and spline-rolling.
- Surface and cylindrical grinding.
- Broaching up to 15 ton x 52″ stroke.
- Vibratory finishing and parts washing.
- Heat Treatment by certified vendors.
- Plating, anodizing, painting, and finishing by certified vendors.